Friday, September 21, 2007

Billions and Billions...

The Forbes List is out again. You know, that list of the impossibly wealthy people who could own New York City if they wanted to.

I tears me up to say this, but for the 42nd straight year, I haven't made the list. I can't stand when Forbes discriminates against me because I am a non-billionaire. Or is it billionaire-challenged?

But there is something very interesting about this years list:

For the first time, it takes more than $1 billion to earn a spot on Forbes magazine’s list of the 400 richest Americans. The minimum net worth for inclusion in this year’s rankings released Thursday was $1.3 billion, up $300 million from last year.

The new threshold meant 82 of America’s billionaires didn’t make the cut.
82 of American's billionaires? You mean there are more than 82? Wow. That's cool. Take that, European Union.